- ENERGY SAVINGS: Built with cutting edge brushless electronically commutated Motor (EC) motor and dual jet type impeller, our new 4″ ECMF series fans deliver 160 Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM) of Airflow using only 18 Watts
- QUIET & SPEED ADJUSTABLE: Using included speed controller ECMF series fans’ speed can be adjusted from 0%-100% without creating any additional hum or background noise
- PWM and 0-10 VDC SUPPORT: Our updated 2020 version supports external speed controllers with popular PWM and 0-10 VDC signal types. The fan can be connected to an external controller using a 3.5mm TRRS wire supplied with the fan.
- ALUMINUM HOUSING: Resists accidental damage, harsh elements and reduces maintenance in demanding applications such as ventilation of grow tents, gardens, farms, crawl spaces, attics, etc
- COMPACT: Only 6.25″ (L) x 7.25″ (W) x 5.9″ (H). Ideal for applications with minimal space available. Installation hardware (screws and anchors) included inset
- ETL LISTED WITH 2 YR WARRANTY: ECMF series fans are ETL listed and Conform to UL standard 507, Certified to CSA Standard C22.2 No 113. Covered by a 2-year warranty
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How loud is this 4″ EC fan?
The sound output of our fans depends on the speed selected. Please refer to the video below showing the sound output of the ECMF-100 fan at various speed levels from the lowest to the maximum setting. The measurements of dB output are shown on the screen in front of the unit and the microphone recording the sound is installed 5ft away from the fan.
How to adjust ECMF series fan speed?
Each ECMF fan is supplied with a variable speed controller (potentiometer type). Speed controller connects to the fan via the supplied speed controller wire with 3.5mm TRRS male-to-male jacks (also known as T(IP)-R(ing)-R(ing)-S(leeve) jack). When connected, supplied speed controller allows users to select any speed between 0-100% of output according to the preferred use/noise level. If the speed controller is disconnected, the ECMF fan will automatically work at 100% output.
Can an external speed controller be used to adjust ECMF series fan speed?
All ECMF series fans manufactured on 11/1/2019 or later support external speed controllers with PWM or 0-10 VDC signal types. Please verify that your speed controller or Building Management System is capable of controlling the equipment with PWM or 0-10 VDC signals.
Can I adjust the speed of this fan with a Raspberry PI or Arduino-based controller device?
Yes, Raspberry PI and Arduino devices can be used to control the speed of our ECMF fans via PWM signal.
Will Rheostat Speed Controllers or Dimmer Switches work with ECMF fan?
Speed controllers designed for AC motors, such as rheostat speed controllers or dimmer switches, will not work with ECMF series fans. If you need a replacement of ECMF fan speed controllers please contact TerraBloom.
What are the requirements for the fan’s operating environment?
ECMF fan can be operated in the environments with temperatures between 15°F(-10°C) to 140°F (60°C) and humidity levels not exceeding 90%. ECMF series fans have IPX4 IP Rating.
What type of ball bearing used in ECMF series fans?
ECMF fans are built with heavy-duty dual ball bearings rated for up to 70,000 hours of operation.
Can ECMF fans be used for boosting airflow in heater ducts?
ECMF can be installed in heating ducts with most modern home furnaces, however, it is important to ensure that the air temperature in the duct is not over 140°F for prolonged periods of time. Please note, fireplaces and fire-based heaters supply air at over 140°F, which will cause the ECMF fans to trigger an overheat safety switch and/or cause deformation of the impeller.
Are ECMF fans UL/ETL listed for use in commercial operations? Do they conform with commercial business insurance requirements?
TerraBlooms ECMF series fans are ETL listed and Conform to UL standards 507, Certified to CSA Standard C22.2 No 113 for the United States and Canada. ECMF series fans can be used in commercial environments, where business insurance mandates the operation of UL/ETL-certified appliances only.