- TerraBloom EC duct fans are used in indoor grow facilities and vertical farms, heating and cooling transfer, commercial drying, and air filtration applications. Our inline blowers can also create negative pressure environments, simulate wind, exhaust odors, and smoke as well as intake fresh air from outdoors
- Built with a cutting-edge brushless EC Motor and dual jet type blades, this blower delivers a 1662 CFM airflow rate using just 268 Watts at max speed. It translates into only $660 annual cost of 24/7 operation at max speed using $0.29 average cost per kWh. Our fans don’t “purge” or waste electricity at lower speeds
- Our EC fan gives you unique flexibility of controls – choose any speed from 0 to 100% using the included variable speed controller without creating background noise or hum at low speeds. Or choose to upgrade to a wireless remote control (Model: ECMF-WR) or intelligent thermostat speed controller with temperature programming (Model: SC-ECMF). This fan also supports PWM and 0-10V controllers via a 3.5mm TRRS port
- Coated steel housing resists rust, protects motor and blades from accidental damage and harsh elements to reduce maintenance in demanding applications. This fan has an IP64 ingress protection rating
- Duct Diameter: 12.3” (313mm) * Airflow: 1662 CFM * Power: 260W * Noise: 50-75 dBA * Max Pressure: 500 Pa * Bearings: Dual Ball * Size: 14.02 x 14.17 x 11.42 in. * ETL Listed * Independently Tested and HVI Certified Performance * 2 Year Warranty
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How to adjust ECMF series fan speed?
Each ECMF fan is supplied with a variable speed controller (potentiometer type). Speed controller connects to the fan via the supplied speed controller wire with 3.5mm TRRS male-to-male jacks (also known as T(ip)-R(ing)-R(ing)-S(leeve) jack). When connected, supplied speed controller allows users to select any speed between 0-100% of output according to the preferred use/noise level. If the speed controller is disconnected, the ECMF fan will automatically work at 100% output.
Can an external speed controller be used to adjust ECMF series fan speed?
All ECMF series fans manufactured on 11/1/2019 or later support external speed controllers with PWM or 0-10 VDC signal types. Please verify that your speed controller or Building Management System is capable of controlling the equipment with PWM or 0-10 VDC signals.
Can I adjust the speed of this fan with a Raspberry PI or Arduino-based controller device?
Yes, Raspberry PI and Arduino devices can be used to control the speed of our ECMF fans via PWM signal.
Will Rheostat Speed Controllers or Dimmer Switches work with ECMF fan?
Speed controllers designed for AC motors, such as rheostat speed controllers or dimmer switches, will not work with ECMF series fans. If you need a replacement of ECMF fan speed controllers please contact TerraBloom.
What are the requirements for the fan’s operating environment?
ECMF fan can be operated in the environments with temperatures between 15°F(-10°C) to 140°F (60°C) and humidity levels not exceeding 90%. ECMF series fans have IPX4 IP Rating.
What type of ball bearing used in ECMF series fans?
ECMF fans are built with heavy-duty dual ball bearings rated for up to 70,000 hours of operation.
Can ECMF fans be used for boosting airflow in heater ducts?
ECMF can be installed in heating ducts with most modern home furnaces, however, it is important to ensure that the air temperature in the duct is not over 140°F for prolonged periods of time. Please note, fire places and fire-based heaters supply air at over 140°F, which will cause the ECMF fans to trigger an overheat safety switch and/or cause deformation of the impeller.
Are ECMF fans UL/ETL listed for use in commercial operations? Do they conform with commercial business insurance requirements?
TerraBlooms ECMF series fans are ETL listed and Conform to UL standards 507, Certified to CSA Standard C22.2 No 113 for the United States and Canada. ECMF series fans can be used in commercial environments, where business insurance mandates the operation of UL/ETL-certified appliances only.